SCSI and the MBP. Don't laugh! :-)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I have an external SCSI Zip drive, Jaz drive, 9GB HD and 3 Card readers for my hardware music samplers. I've always connected them to my desktop PC to transfer samples to and from each other with an Adaptec PCI SCSI card and SCSI cable.
Now I want to see if the SCSI to USB cables I see online will work with a Mac the same way. Has any one used these cables successfully on their MBP?
Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
No laughing matter :Shouting:. From my experience, SCSI to USB with a Mac is an exercise in futility!!! I have tried, but failed. Others may have succeeded. I abandoned the effort eventually, and purchased another Zip drive with USB connection.

With the development of larger capacity flash drives, I'd suggest using them to transfer material via a Win machine.

Reaction score
I still use SCSI but with Mac Towers that have SCSI cards. I use a Hp Surestore that takes 2.6 gig carts. But I have never used a SCSI to USB adapter. I do have a zip drive thats USB.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Does your MBP have an Express slot? If so maybe there is a SCSI card for that. Never checked but worth a look.

OP
JUKE179r
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
My MBP has got the ExpressCard 34 slot and there isn't a SCSI card made for it.

I found this SCSI to Firewire convertor which states it works with OSX... but for $109!!!!
FireWire(IEEE1394) to Ultra SCSI Converter FR1SX

Oh well... I'll just stick my old PC desktop to transfer my music samples.
Cheers fellas!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.