Camcorder for Istop motion on the mac

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have got to produce an animation room for my school and have ordered 7 new IMacs along with 7 licenses for Istop motion. From previous experience with this programme, i believe i need a camcorder with Firewire capabilities, so i can see the animation 'as live' on the mac.

I cannot buy a firewire camcorder anywhere. It is starting to stress me out big time as time is running out.

Does any one know how i can get round this problem ? Do any people on here use this programme ?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
iStopMotion just needs a video device to display live video.
This can be a USB webcam, camcorder etc. Firewire isn't essential.

OP
W
Reaction score
I am using USB camcorders and they are not working. On the istop website it recommends firewire camcorders, that cannot be purchased anymore.
:[:[:[:[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It's possible not all USB camcorders are going to stream live video direct to USB like webcams do.

Maybe you'd be better off with HD webcams? Cheaper than camcorders too. Failing that I'd get in touch with Boinx directly:
Boinx Software - iStopMotion 2 - Support & Resources

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.