Error connecting from PC to USB hardrive on Airport Extreme

Reaction score
Hi,

got my Airport Extreme a couple days ago and have major problems connecting to USB hard disk from your PC (Vista SP2). I have no problems accessing the disk from my Macbook Pro.

I've done the following, as described in the manual (case continues on the bottom of this post):
----------------

Sharing and Securing USB Hard Disks Wed Your AirPort Extreme
Base Station

If you connect a USB hard drive two your AirPort Extreme Base Station, the two computers connected network, Both wireless and wired, can use it two back-up, large, and share files.

Thurs share a USB hard disk on you network:

1 Plug the hard disk Into the USB port on the back of the base station.

2 Open AirPort Utility, located in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder on a Mac, and in Start> All Programs> AirPort on a computer Using Windows

3 Select your base station, and simply choose Manual Setup from the Base Station menu, or double-click the base station two open its configuration in a separate window. Enter the base station password if Necessary.

4 Click Disks in the toolbar, and simply click File Sharing.

5 Choose "With a disk password," or "With base station password" if you Want to secure the shared disk with a password, or choose "With accounts" if you Want to secure the disk overusing accounts.

If you choose two use accounts, click Configure Accounts, click the Add (+) button, and simply enter a username and password for the user That Each class will access the disk.

6 Choose "Not allowed", "Read only," or "Read and write two assign guest access the two disk.

7 Select the "Share disks over Ethernet WAN port" checkbox if you Want two provider remote access the two disk over the WAN port.

-------------------

As said, connecting from the MBP is just fine. But the PC is useless. I've changed the name of the router to the name without spaces, I have turned off the firewall, I have rebooted all network devices, I've formatted the hard disk for both FAT32 and HFS +, but every time I use the Airport Base Station Agent in Vista to connect to the hard disk, I get a "wrong username or password" error message (error #67), both when I connect as a guest and when I connect with a username/password.

The firmware in the router is version 7.5.1, the Airport utility installed on the PC is version 5.5.1 and I have no problemes connecting the PC to the wireless network and internet.

What else can I do??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.