Wiping the hard drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Using DiskUtility, which can be found in the applications\Utility folder.

You can then erase / partition / format the hard drive.

Cheers ... McBie

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
In addition to what McBie advised, note that if the drive is your boot drive (internal to your machine) that you can not use Disk Utility while the system is active. You have to boot from your install DVD in order to use Disk Utility to wipe the drive. If it's an external drive, then you can use Disk Utility directly.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Why do you want to wipe the drive and do a clean install. Really is a last step with OS X and maybe we can assist with your problem?

OP
H
Reaction score
Safari Problem

Ever since I updated to Snow Leopard; Safari has a hard time going from one website to another. I've tried reseting it and reinstalling it, but when you go from one website to another it takes along time. I have DSL and I am getting around 5mb download speeds. So, I thought if I just started from scratch; I'd have a better chance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I don't think that will solve the issue at all. Have you tried a different browser?
I would give Chrome a try, it's very fast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
As advised there are a few possibilities but why start with an easy one - if you have a laptop connect it to another network and check speeds. Download and install this just to make sure the OS is Kosher. Can u use another computer on your DSL to compare speeds?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.