Lost 10+ years of data, Advice trying to rebuild Backup system properly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP (Leo), iMac (SLeo, quad i5), iPhone 3g, AirportExtremem
Now, after much research, it's time for feedback about backup systmes from others with more experience. I have a concept diagram that I created and can be found here of what I currently am thinkin - this is a WIP diagram: backupdiagram on Mobile Me

After loosing 10+ years of photo, art, and other work from an external hdd crash + a pc hd crash both within 10day period, I now have a new iMac and shopping for the best backup solution PLUS a syncing solution between my travel Macbook Pro, iPhone and home workstation iMac. At the moment, I'm just trying to regather, I have not been able to shoot in over a month. I don't think I'll ever be the same because of this loss.

Any help/advice is appreciated.
Brad (aka nvert)

Reaction score
Offsite

Make sure a full copy is going offsite on a regular basis in case of fire or other total disaster.

Its a manual process but having two external storage devices that you swap each week for example works ok as long as you remember to do it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.