Get Info - Multiple pics on iPhoto

Reaction score
When I highlight multiple pics on iPhoto - then hit Command-I (Get Info) the dialog box comes up with no info in it. Now I understand that when it has conflicting different info from different files, it will leave that field blank. But the 'Size' box? Surely it should indicate the total size of all the files I've just highlighted?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Just tried the same thing (iPhoto 5.0.4), including pics from the same set, info fields are blank (a - sign). I suspect this is an inadequacy in iPhoto. Feedback to Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
It will likely depend on your version.

iPhoto 8 ('09) has an Information pane in the lower left; if it's hidden, you can activate it by clicking the i button in the button bar at the bottom. This information pane will show total sizes when multiple pictures are selected.

In iPhoto 8, the Get Info panel only shows the photo name, comments and location tag. There is no size box at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.