airport extreme card in Macpro 1.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
experienced Photoshop user
I recently installed an airport extreme card in mij Macpro 1.1 (2.66 Ghz). Card is not reckognised. There are two connection possiblities and three cables to connect from the Mac, but without correct connection instructions I do not know which to choosse. Anyone? ([email protected])

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Two of those wires are for the antenna. One is for Blue Tooth. Anyway, see this LINK about installing the card.

There are also some other articles pertaining to installing the card which can be found through a Google search.

Regards.

OP
theo barten
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanx chscag for the advice, but the points on the card are not numbered. Changing the leads also does not work. What to do?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you read through all the comments on the link I gave you in my first reply? Below the installation diagram there's a page full of user comments which can be helpful. It appears most had to experiment quite a bit in order to get the wires attached properly. Also, make sure you have the correct card for your model Mac Pro.

Regards.

OP
theo barten
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wow, there you said something. I bought the card from an authorized dealer and they said: there is only ONE model. To be more specific; the package of the card reads:: MB988ZM/A Airport extreme upgrade kit for Mac Pro.
My Mac Pro 1.1 has serial number CK7111AQXZS and runs on 10.4.11

Did I get the wrong card?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
All the info and research on this card that I've been able to do (and find) indicates that it's compatible with the Mac Pro 2009 model only.

See the following LINK and note what the specs say at the bottom....

It's really unclear whether this card will work with your Mac Pro. But since you've tried all the various wiring combinations and it still doesn't work, I'm beginning to suspect that it may be the wrong card.

We have a fellow who is a regular in this forum and is very knowledgeable on Mac Pro models. Perhaps he can advise you on which card to buy. Look for "Pigoo" (Nick). You might wish to PM him and ask.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.