I want to use Safari to open my links!!!!

Reaction score
Hey all.

Macbook Pro
Snow Leopard

I currently have Safari and Firefox installed on my machine, however i only ever use Safari which i'm more than happy with, and wish to continue using it as my default browser.
I very rarely use Firefox for the odd random website that Safari has troubles with. but wish to keep it on my system.

The problem im having is each time i get a link, say in an E-mail or something the system uses Firefox to open that link.
Ive tried and tried to find the option to chnage this so that Safari opens my links. I cannot find it!!!

Please Help!!

OP
S
Reaction score
Hey all.

Macbook Pro
Snow Leopard

I currently have Safari and Firefox installed on my machine, however i only ever use Safari which i'm more than happy with, and wish to continue using it as my default browser.
I very rarely use Firefox for the odd random website that Safari has troubles with. but wish to keep it on my system.

The problem im having is each time i get a link, say in an E-mail or something the system uses Firefox to open that link.
Ive tried and tried to find the option to chnage this so that Safari opens my links. I cannot find it!!!

Please Help!!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Click on Safari and on Preferences. On the General Tab up top change the Default Web Browser to Safari.

Here is a pic.

Picture 1.jpg

Picture 2.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.