No sound from iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27"iMac OS X 10.7.5 Core i5
Here is my first problem, even tho there is probably an easy fix. iTunes doesn't play..that is, no sound. I loaded a cd and it copied fine...just doesn't have any sound. Suggestions??

Edit...I cranked the volume up all the way and it barely has any sound...??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Here is my first problem, even tho there is probably an easy fix. iTunes doesn't play..that is, no sound. I loaded a cd and it copied fine...just doesn't have any sound. Suggestions??

Edit...I cranked the volume up all the way and it barely has any sound...??

Do you have normal sound volumes otherwise? Have you checked the volume level on your actual speakers, and on the system volume controls?

OP
SleeperSS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do you have normal sound volumes otherwise? Have you checked the volume level on your actual speakers, and on the system volume controls?

All other sounds work fine. I think I found the problem. I played around in one of the folders and found a folder that contains sound controls. I slid the volumn control all the way to the right...I can now cause the cat to have involuntary bowl movements...not that I will...;D Thanks.

R.

OP
SleeperSS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Now that the sound issue has been solved, I have another problem with iTunes. I'm in the process of moving my music from my Dell laptop to the new machine. I have a total of 1235 songs that need to be burned and transfered. I'm using a 4.7 gig dvd that holds 936 songs ( I used 4.25). I had the impression that I would be asked to insert a second dvd to complete the transfer but that did not happen. There was a message that there was a problem with some of the song but it wasn't 300 of them. Am I doing something wrong or do I just need to keep track of where the copying process left off. Thanks in advance...

Rick

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
?? Never have tried copying that much stuff via disc.

I assume both of your machines are on the same home network??

If so, turn on Homesharing in iTunes on each machine and move them that way. I use it to keep my MBP and my Win7 HTPC synchonized.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.