How do I fix this? pic included

Reaction score
Im not a genius when it comes to my mac but I like to think I am. Lol. I have had this problem for quit awhile and it bugs the heck out of me.

Screenshot2010-04-21at83859PM.png

If you can notice the rainbow colored line that runs across the page thats what im talking about.

It shows up when it wants and goes away when it wants. It use to happen with leopard, morphed to tiger after i erased everything and added another gig of memory. If anyone could help me fix this that would be awesome. I dont know if its the graphics card but that would be my guess.

Computer:
iMac 4,1
intel core duo
2 Ghz
memory: 2GB
graphics: ATY,RadeonX1600 VRAM:256MB

Thanx Daniel

Reaction score
Hi there,

Have you tried changing the cable that connects your monitor to your mini? Perhaps there's a loose/broken internal wire, or a slightly bent pin?

Also, have you tried a hardware test to see whether the graphics card is at fault?
Instructions are here

Hope this info helps. :Cool:

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanx for replying so quick. I have not done the test but I'll do that this weekend. This is an iMac so there is no cord to the mini just the power cord. I'm stumped because I erased everything on the harddrive and the CPU usage never gets above 60%.

T

todd51

Hmm,..do the lines move around with the Safari window if you move it around the screen? If they do, then most likely it might be something with the actual Safari application itself, and not the pixels/monitor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.