OS X 10.5 and 10.6 Display settings

Reaction score
Hey All-

This is my first post so be gentle :Oops:. I have a question about the display profiles on 10.5 and 10.6. Once 10.6 was released I did a full install of 10.6 from the upgrade disk (IE: I put the disk in and did a clean install, not the upgrade from 10.5). I was using it when I noticed that my screen seemed to be a little dim vs 10.6. I looked at was using the same "Color LCD" profile as before. I removed 10.6 and reinstalled 10.5 and it was back to normal. I dug into the profile and noticed all the values are different for things like rXYZ, etc. Has anyone else noticed the screen issues on 10.6 vs 10.5? Was this caused by me doing a clean install vs an "upgrade"? If I upgrade now will it keep my 10.5 Color LCP profile or will it alter it? I am just looking for a little guidance before I go though the hassle of messing with the OS again.

Any help would be great.

OP
I
Reaction score
Hey,

incase anyone ever has the same problems the answer is yes, if you grade to 10.6 from 10.5 it still changes your display settings. I just copied my default Color LCD display setting, installed 10.6 and copied it into the \library\colorsync folder and applied it.

I wish apple did not mess with display settings when upgrade :(

Cheers,
Integral

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.