Is it possible to upgrade Boot Camp on 10.4.11?

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Macbook running 10.4.11
I am also running XP Pro SP2 using Boot Camp 1.2 Beta. I'd like to install SP3 but I've read you first need to upgrade to Boot Camp 2.1.
I downloaded Boot Camp 2.1 at apple.com but I'm having a lot of trouble installing it.
Is it even possible to upgrade BC 1.2 Beta to BC 2.1 when the Mac OS is 10.4.11? I've searched but I can't find an answer...
Thanks alot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Boot Camp is for Leopard and Snow Leopard only. It was merely a beta when it was available on Tiger.

However, I would like to know what sort of trouble you're having installing it?

OP
L
Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I've downloaded BC 2.1 from apple website
When I double click to open it, it does nothing...
I've searched the internet and some say its a language conflict others say its a video driver conflict... I've tried it all, but its still not loading. So I'm starting to wonder if it is possible to upgrade BC 1.2 to BC 2.1?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

As Kash advises, leopard and Snow Leopard only. Definitely upgrade your MB to either and you will find BootCamp and your installation will run a lot better. Snow Leopard on a clean install is the cheaper way to go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.