Word Count no longer works in Appleworks?

Reaction score
I know Appleworks is no longer supported but, as it is still useable, why doesn't the word count operate? Should I be converting all my hundreds of Appleworks files to Pages? Do I have to do that manually for each file? Help appreciated. Harry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
If you wait long enough, there will be no format that you can save your AW files to that is supported. No one knows when that will be, so you might as well get it over with. I did mine manually for each file. It wasn't quick, but I didn't miss any work, weddings, births, or other important events.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
So far as I know, there should be nothing wrong with the AppleWorks word count at the present time. What happens when you try to open the word count dialog? What type of Mac and what version of the Mac OS are you using?

OP
S
Reaction score
I use both a 24" iMac and a Macbook with OS 10.6.3

When I try to open "Word count" I get a list of the various headings that it can count but no boxes or values.

Reaction score
Word Count Doesn't Work

I have the same problem with AppleWorks 6 and my new MacBook, OS 10.6.6: when I click on Word Count I see a list--Characters, Lines--but no way to produce a count. Can anything be done?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Really think the only option is to update to iWork.

Particularly with Lion OS X.7 tipped to see the end of PowerPC application support.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.