iMac, iPhone, iPad, Mail sync

Reaction score
I have an email account with Comcast.net and would like my mail to sync between platforms. For example, when I delete an email on my iPad, I'd like it deleted on the other platforms as well. It's not doing that today. Thanks in advance for any solutions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I have an email account with Comcast.net and would like my mail to sync between platforms. For example, when I delete an email on my iPad, I'd like it deleted on the other platforms as well. It's not doing that today. Thanks in advance for any solutions.

You are probably using a POP mail server. That does not support the way you want to manage your email. What you need is an IMAP service, like MobileMe for example. I don't know if Comcast has an IMAP server available… doing some brief Googling has been somewhat inconclusive. Barring someone else coming along who knows for certain, you should review Comcast's help sections on setting up your email.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.