Looking for Pop Music/ Trance music Podcasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JSchultz

my bday is less than a week away, and my mom bought me an iPod. It sucks just seeing it sit in it's box on her dresser, but oh well.

I've already ripped all my CD's to AAC all ready to be thrown onto my iPod. However, I loved having satellite radio and got rid of it. I've heard podcasts are in pretty good quality, and theyre commercial free.

So, Im looking for some top 40 pop, regular pop (like on XM's channel 22) and some great Trance as well. If anyone can direct me, please do!

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i dont think podcasting is available to us yet? maybe im mistaken but i thought this was going to happen in the upcoming weeks

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I think you might be a little confused about what a podcast is. It seems like you are more interested in getting a radio station. Podcasts are recorded on an iPod, then uploaded to the web. Yes, you can download the podcasts and play the file on your iPod, but the files are huge (at least the ones I have seen). Also, most podcasts are from regular people like you and I. Some are done by radio stations, but if you are not a radio station, then it is illegal to broadcast music over the podcast...that is if it is copyrighted material.

I think you are looking for something like iTunes radio and not a podcast.

But, I could be wrong... :headphone

OP
J

JSchultz

D3v1LB0Y,

Yeah, thats what I'm talking about! Is there any way to save a streaming iTunes station as a file and send it to your iPod? It would be the coolest thing EVER. I remember recording my fave radio stations on a cassette tape and taking it with me wherever I went...I suppose this would be in the same fashion?

In which case, has some one invented what I'm looking for?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
JSchultz said:
D3v1LB0Y,

Yeah, thats what I'm talking about! Is there any way to save a streaming iTunes station as a file and send it to your iPod? It would be the coolest thing EVER. I remember recording my fave radio stations on a cassette tape and taking it with me wherever I went...I suppose this would be in the same fashion?

In which case, has some one invented what I'm looking for?

Here you go. It records off of iTunes Radio, chops up the songs into mp3's and labels them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.