programs disappear

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac book pro 15"
Hi,
Let me start by saying the whole mac world is new to me, I have had it for about 3 weeks... I got the latest and greatest power book 15" with snow leopard....

I teach audio recording..... for my intro to audio class I teach audacity software and use a presonus inspire interface.. I installed audacity and the inspire driver software.....

they both showed up on the pop up thing on the bottom of the screen.

when I went to teach the class a week later they were gone from my programs at the bottom but I could still access them using the finder.....

what happened???????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums
The Dock at the bottom that you are referring to is full of links to Apps, etc
When you start a programme, it show's up in the dock until you quit it.
To be add these to the dock, you just drag an App from the finder to the dock, and it will stay there unless you drag it off.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There are no more "power books". That would be a MacBook Pro.

The pop up thing on the bottom of the screen is called the 'Dock'.

Am unfamiliar with either of those two apps, but if they had their own installers, they will be installed in your Applications folder, which is also on your Dock for quick access to all of your applications.

Any apps you install that do not have their own installers (most) you will need to drag it to the Applications folder.

Newly installed applications will be on the Dock only when they are open. They will not stay there at all times unless you tell them to. Right click the icon in the Dock while the app is open, go to Options and select 'Keep in Dock'.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.