Leopard update file sharing woes

Reaction score
Hello all,

Ran software update over the weekend (on my mac mini w/leopard 10.5.8) for the first time in a while but after the restart I couldn’t connect to any of my shared folders from my MBP (running leopard and XP). File sharing was unticked in system prefs when I looked, so I re-enabled it (after it beachballed for about 5 mins) but when I closed system prefs and re-opened it was unticked again. When it is ticked, none of my shares work. The network connection works, as does screen sharing so the problem is just with file sharing.

Google doesn’t help and I’ve posted on the apple support forum but no-one’s replied yet. Has anyone here had this problem?

Any help gratefully received.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums
Have you tried repairing disk permissions?

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome!

The repair disk permissions button is greyed out. Is that because it's a USB drive, or because of the format (Journaled HFS+)?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.