Integrated Graphics & External Screen Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Hello everyone.

After updating my 15" late 2008 MBP unibody to OS X 10.6.3 v1.1, it seems that I cannot run my external display off my integrated graphics card. I can't put the problem exactly down to this update because I cannot remember if it definitely started to occur after this update.

My dedicated card with 256MB VRAM works fine. On my LG display, the integrated card seems to appear for a few seconds and then go into power saving mode.

Has anyone had a similar experience or know of any solutions?
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
But if you revert to the back up you did before u installed v1.1 that will show if it is the update.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Slight problem regarding my back-up in the sense that my external drive decided to pretty much set itself on fire a few nights ago.

Been reading up on the v1.1 update and not sure that I actually should have installed it. Seems to be for those users who installed 10.6 and then updated straight to 10.6.3...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Did my install of v1.1 over 10.6.3 and the only issue was Widemail which has a known problem - i should have uninstalled Widemail before doing the update. Hope there was no collateral damage with the Fire scene.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
None apart from time machine back-ups. So at least nothing lost that I have no-where else. Does anyone know if it's possible tom uninstall the v1.1 combo update?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.