• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

LOST (the series)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I can't believe I'm about to say this but.. My faith in the well being of the story line and continuity of the show is dwindling, to say the least. Season 5 was amazing, and can not say anything bad about the other seasons, apart from the stupid Kate/Sawyer/Jack nonsense. But now, I feel that the writing has just gotten plain lazy and perhaps even dumb. The way JJ is wrapping up the show, is in really poor taste IMO, as there are only a few episodes left, and thus far we've only had about three or four decent (at best) episodes. Two of those being last week and the week prior to that.

I just finished watching last nights show, and felt absolutely no connection with it, whatsoever. I was bored. So bored that I barely lifted my head from out the laptop.

So a question for fans of the show: Do you think the season is as bad as I do, and if so, is it redeemable ? Where do you think everything is headed towards ?

And please, if you're not a fan of the show .. I don't want your opinion. Sorry.

Doug

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I'm with you on this one. I quit watching it somewhere during the 2nd season because there was too much dragging everything out, skipping weeks here and there.

Bought the first 5 seasons on Blu-Ray just before this season began... much better way to watch, like 24. After last night's show, may quit watching again until the whole season is out.

Reaction score
It better head somewhere as it is the last season! Frankly the only reason that I am finishing it up is because I already invested in three seasons. They drug this thing out way too long....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Last nights episode was bad, but all the rest have been watchable, I hope the rest of the shows are better than this weeks was.

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Last nights episode was bad, but all the rest have been watchable,

Barely. Between the useless new characters (who introduces so many new characters in a last season which immediately become redundant?) whom first of all can't act their way out of a box, and the same ol drivel from stupid characters like Sawyer ("heya freckles" "son of a B... ") and Kate.. uuch..

This Tina Faye looking character is really buggin the heck out of me. She's HORRIBLE ! Can't act, and serves zero purpose aside from being a lackey. And how about the first few episodes ? What the H311 was with the whole planet of the apes costumes and the Apocalypse Now tribute ? Terrible. The most interesting episode was the flashback to Richards former life. And even last week was pretty good. But overall, disappointing.

Aren't there only about 6 or less episodes left ? How in the world can he redeem this show ? This season seems like pure filler, which is an odd thing for a last season.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD. 16 GB Wi-Fi iPad, 16 GB iPhone 3GS.
I totally agree with you, Doug.

I'm especially bothered by all of the new characters this season. I believe the Tina Fay-ish looking woman is named Zoe.

I have liked getting to see characters from seasons-past. As my favourite character, I loved seeing Daniel Faraday on last week's episode.

The Richard-centric episode was definitely the best of the season.

I haven't watched the new episode yet, but here's hoping that JJ & co. can pull it together in the last few episodes. I really don't want another Felicity/Alias ending.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Barely. Between the useless new characters (who introduces so many new characters in a last season which immediately become redundant?) whom first of all can't act their way out of a box, and the same ol drivel from stupid characters like Sawyer ("heya freckles" "son of a B... ") and Kate.. uuch..

This Tina Faye looking character is really buggin the heck out of me. She's HORRIBLE ! Can't act, and serves zero purpose aside from being a lackey. And how about the first few episodes ? What the H311 was with the whole planet of the apes costumes and the Apocalypse Now tribute ? Terrible. The most interesting episode was the flashback to Richards former life. And even last week was pretty good. But overall, disappointing.

Aren't there only about 6 or less episodes left ? How in the world can he redeem this show ? This season seems like pure filler, which is an odd thing for a last season.

Doug
I think there is 4 or 5 episodes left, but far as the new characters they simply do not matter to me one bit all then are is the henchmen for whitmoure(spelling?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
Yes, I think the whole show started out good and progressively went down hill. There were a few good parts here and there, but for the most part it takes to long to explain everything. It seems like the writers never had any answers to the questions they were presenting in previous episodes. And now they are scrambling to justify what they wrote, which almost never works. The whole temple thing w/ people inside wasn't even explained, it was just randomly there one episode. I still plan to watch just to see how they actually end the show.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I thought that this week's episode was really good. Although, after losing Sayid, Sun, and Jin in one episode, I wonder how many characters will be left in the series finale.

I was definitely excited to hear that a half hour was being added to the finale.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
It seems like the writers never had any answers to the questions they were presenting in previous episodes. And now they are scrambling to justify what they wrote, which almost never works.
That's part of the reason why I gave up on the show. I watched it the first season and thought it was interesting and different but as the show progressed they just seemed to make up more random stuff without much explanation.

Sometimes the show felt like it just threw out the most wild ideas because the writers assumed they would get canceled so it didn't matter if it made any sense. From what I've heard from fans, the writers haven't quit wrapped up all the loose ends in the story so far. I'll probably watch the ending to see how all this will conclude. If it is good then I'll think about watching all the other episodes in between.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Looks like each remaining episode will kill off more cast.

Reaction score
Just like the other tv series, they just have good story on session one. I love LOST session one so much but I started disappointed when watching session 3 :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think there is 4 or 5 left

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You were right :) I wonder who will go this week

Considering the fact that 2 weeks from now there is an episode is titled "What They Died For," I'm guessing that there won't be many characters left in the series finale.

We've got a Jacob/Man in Black centric episode this week. I'm looking forward to it.

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can't say I'm feeling too hopeful in that the writers will all of a sudden have a break through and start writing coherent scripts again. This entire season has managed to knock things off kilter to the point where one would expect at least one more season in order to not only smooth things out, but also to tie things together for a good finale. IMO, they'd have been better served by taking a year off in order to get their acts together. I'd wait for a great series finale for sure. This season only seems to discredit JJ's stamina and ability to stay focused.

Guess we'll see. I only wish that I could watch Lost in real time.

Doug

Reaction score
The writers are done.... This is the final season and we are supposed to get the answers to everything within the next few weeks.

Wait, what season are you watching?

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The writers may or may not be done. I've seen interviews where people were saying that the scripts get changes done (major ones) all the time, even at the last minute. I also heard an interview with 'Claire', (on XM radio) and she said that she's not done filming stuff yet, and that they all have to be on call in case they have to shoot past what they've done already.

Doug

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow.

Great Episode ! I could have lived without the other filler episodes, and kept this one plus the other three or so which were good, and have been all set. The one thing I still don't quite understand, is how Jacob managed to visit each of the main players during different periods of their lives. I know it has something to do with the lighthouse and compass, but that was never actually explained.

And that in a nut shell is why this season is a bag of crap in a way. Too much new information, left without explanation. But ok.. now we (kind of) know the origin of Smokie (Jacob's brother), but it's still up in the air as to how he actually became the smoke monster.

We know that the hole he fell into is the source of the Islands power, an electro magnetic pocket of energy etc.. but why would that turn him into what it did? That part is more mystical/spiritual than it is scientific, so its logic alludes me.

Oh, and their real mother is HOT.

Two episodes left... they had better be amazing, to say the least.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I actually didn't really like the episode. It answered some questions, but opened up others. And some answers were pretty shifty, like the random light in the middle of the jungle which turns one into smoke if touched. Not really satisfied...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.