G4 Firewire Devices not found

M

Mister E

Hello,
Trying to find out why my Firewire device keeps getting lost to the operating system, on system profiler, Firewire Information>no firewire devices found.
This is internal firewire device, has worked for two years, no new hard ware, software, do not use internet with that computer ect., only used to edit with Final Cut Pro 4.

Thanks for anything!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
does it show up in system profiler when something is connected to it? could be a motherboard problem, what os are you running? mac specs? welcome to mac-forums.com.

OP
M

Mister E

Does not show in profiler when connected

Macman said:
does it show up in system profiler when something is connected to it? could be a motherboard problem, what os are you running? mac specs? welcome to mac-forums.com.

No, it does not show in System Profiler when connected to firewire device, tried both ports, running OS10.2.8, mac G4 dual 1.25 GHz processor, 2GB ram.
Thank you, I'm glad to be here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
do the usb ports work? I have a feeling the motherboard or firewire ports are fried, but if the usb work, its just the firewire ports, not that that changes the result much, what was the last thing that worked when connected to the firewire ports, and when?

OP
M

Mister E

usb ports work

Macman said:
do the usb ports work? I have a feeling the motherboard or firewire ports are fried, but if the usb work, its just the firewire ports, not that that changes the result much, what was the last thing that worked when connected to the firewire ports, and when?

The usb ports work fine, Firewire ports worked with Panasonic DVX100A a week ago, just got the computer back from CompUSA and it works now, they said all they did was the external/internal resets. I am still wondering the "why" of it all since it seems to happen at the WORST of times. But i am up and running.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.