MBP display brightness wont change

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro OS x 2.66 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
My Macbook Pro displays brightness wont turn up or down its stuck at full brightness all the time. I tried going into the display settings to change it but that didn't work either. Any ideas as to how to fix this?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
My Macbook Pro displays brightness wont turn up or down its stuck at full brightness all the time. I tried going into the display settings to change it but that didn't work either. Any ideas as to how to fix this?

Have you tried rebooting the computer & trying to adjust brightness again?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ya i have tried rebooting about 12 times. i just had my logic board replaced because of a sound issue where my headphone jack wouldn't stop glowing red and after that the brightness stopped.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Ya i have tried rebooting about 12 times. i just had my logic board replaced because of a sound issue where my headphone jack wouldn't stop glowing red and after that the brightness stopped.

So does the brightness adjustment not work from either the keyboard or the display control panel?

- Nick

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it wont adjust from anywhere.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.