iMac Quesiton?

Reaction score
I'm planning on buying a 27 inch iMac within the next couple months? Does anyone know of anything new they might be adding to the iMac that I should hold off my purchase for? I know in the past when I've bought electronics something new always comes out soon after.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm planning on buying a 27 inch iMac within the next couple months? Does anyone know of anything new they might be adding to the iMac that I should hold off my purchase for? I know in the past when I've bought electronics something new always comes out soon after.

Why not wait a couple months until you are ready to purchase the iMac...to see what's available then.

We really don't know what Apple has planned...they don't tell us!;)

- Nick

C

chas_m

Apple *ALWAYS* has something new and cool "just around the corner."

"Just around the corner" is the dumbest phrase ever coined, as it can mean anything.

Given that iMacs are (broadly speaking) refreshed yearly, you're always (by law of averages) about six months or so away from the next refresh. You could spend the rest of your life (literally) waiting to catch the "perfect" moment. It will never actually come.

Buy a computer when you need a computer. Buy the best one you can afford, make sensible add-on purchases (like maxing out the RAM when RAM is cheap, buy an external drive for backups etc), take the few modest steps necessary to maintain your Mac and keep it running smoothly, and stop trying to win the rat race.

This is the way to get years of solid enjoyment out of your investment. The best part? After several years of great computing, you'll see something from Apple that is such a marked improvement on what you have that it's compelling enough to buy -- at exactly the time you were thinking of retiring your old workhorse! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.