safari unable to access remote dvr

Reaction score
hi,
does anyone have any idea how to use safari to view a remote dvr, I log in to the account but only screens with no image.
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
First thought would be how does the remote DVR viewing work? Is it a stream via java? flash? some OCX control? etc.

I'm just wondering if the DVR itself requires IE/Windows to function (I know one of the security camera DVRs we have at work I have to use a virtual machine to be able to access because it uses a set of special OCX controls to make it function)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
I completely don't understand the question.

Then again my DVR is actually IRC.

OP
S
Reaction score
safari unabel to access remote dvr

First thought would be how does the remote DVR viewing work? Is it a stream via java? flash? some OCX control? etc.

I'm just wondering if the DVR itself requires IE/Windows to function (I know one of the security camera DVRs we have at work I have to use a virtual machine to be able to access because it uses a set of special OCX controls to make it function)

Hi, thanks for reply,
so far I know that the dvr needs an add-on on Windows IE, it used to be promted to install it when tha first time accessing the site in IE, but it does not be promted in safari at all.
wether or not the dvr require IE to function but no support mac ox, this is something I don't know!
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
If it needs that addon, then it needs IE, which is why it won't function on Safari...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.