• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple Headphones with Remote Replacement Program

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1
Ahh sweet!! That's awesome!! I'm going to get mine replaced for sure! I have an iPhone 3GS and I have the headphones that were manufactured between the dates specified. Sometimes I can't double click to skip songs or use the volume, so i have to unplug them and then plug them back in to fix it. Plus i have a dint in one of the headphones on the metal part. So I wouldn't mind a new set for free! Wooooo :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ohhh, is it JUST for iPod Shuffle 3rd gen?? I also have the problem with the headsets with my 3GS.....

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Yes just for the shuffle headphones. Since your headphones are not shuffle ones, you are out of luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Apple does replace the ones that come with the iPhone and other iPods if they fail during the one year warranty. I have had a couple pairs stop working and they send me new ones and i send the old ones back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
Apple does replace the ones that come with the iPhone and other iPods if they fail during the one year warranty. I have had a couple pairs stop working and they send me new ones and i send the old ones back.

That's a shame, my warranty ran out at the beginning of this month :(. All mine eventually fail at some point, my iPhone ones are just getting there now. Oh well, at least it's an excuse to go out and buy some Shure SE210s :D.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thats pretty good that i can still get my 3GS headphone replaced then. Just sometimes the buttons dont work. but they have don pretty well to last since the start of august last year!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G5 - Dual 2.0 - 6GB Ram
are they only replacing broken ones? I think my shuffle falls between the dates but I haven't had any problems yet. (Don't use it much) but I dont want to have them fail whenever they stop replacing them lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Good deal! My shuffle has just been sitting because the volume and control buttons went crazy on me and haven't worked for the last couple of months.

So are these new and improved headphones, or just more of the same??

It would be nice if they replaced them with these for the trouble customers are put through.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.