Why is time machine not searching all the way?

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I created a text document entitled "recover test" and for some reason when i type it in the search bar and press on the up arrow it does not search all the way it only searches 4-5 windows and not ALL of them so i have to manually choose a date and then manually search up or down to find it, which i can find it, but time machine search can't do it automatically : (

How come guys? I thought it worked like that?

OP
S
Reaction score
Anyone even want to have a guess maybe? Please, i really need some help with this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
I was under the impression that it only searches the folder you're currently viewing. Are you talking about when you're actually in Time Machine and using the search field in the Finder window of a particular date?

OP
S
Reaction score
I'm talking about just searching your imac in general. Clicking on "computers Name Imac" and then typing in the top right search bar (the only search bar in time machine, the one on the finder) the file you are looking. In the demos i seen you type in what you are looking for and time machine searches through all of the dates once you click once on the up arrow until it finds the correct item you are searching for.

For me i click on the up arrow and it searches trough my last 3 back ups then stop then i have to manually press the up arrow each time to find it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.