URGENT Quick Time problem

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a problem with Quick Time 7 on the lastest MacBook with SnowLeopard 10.6.3.

By mistake I deleted QuickTime.app from my Applications folder and I have emptied the bin (not knowing that this app. is inside).
I want Quick Time back and I downloaded installation file from apple.com but when I want to install it it says that QuickTime is still present on my computer and the process cannot be completed:Oops:. When I try running movies they open with Grapher.

I'm assuming there are still files installed somewhere that are related to QT.

I'm away from home and I dont have my SnowLeopard install.CD, how can I get my QuickTime back ?

Thanks for help !

OP
P
Reaction score
I have tried downloading this file but as I mentioned above it says that the program is still present on my disk :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
There are 2 Quicktime players in Snow Leopard… QuickTime Player, and QuickTime Player 7 (optional install for legacy purposes). Which one got deleted, and which one did you try to re-download?

Reaction score
I have tried downloading this file but as I mentioned above it says that the program is still present on my disk :/

My bad, that was pre coffee. I'm not sure how you are going to fix that to be honest.

OP
P
Reaction score
I didnt know this. I deleted most probably Quick Time and tried to install Quick Time 7. However I searched if there's any other QT on my Mac but there was no result.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I didnt know this. I deleted most probably Quick Time and tried to install Quick Time 7. However I searched if there's any other QT on my Mac but there was no result.

QuickTime 7 was an optional install and is not really available for download for Snow Leopard, nor for that matter is QuickTime X (the newest version of the player that is for SL only). Unfortunately, you appear to be out of luck. You will have to get ahold of your install disc and extract it, or find a friend who has the same version of Snow Leopard that you have and copy it from them.

Barring that… you could use VLC or MPlayer OSX Extended in the meanwhile. Both are excellent alternatives to QT.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I was also going to suggest VLC, and also, perhaps when next posting a thread, leaving urgent out of the title, even if it is urgent, which in this case, there is no emergency! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.