Can someone, anyone help...

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am getting pretty frustrated with my iPhone at the moment. I purchased an album through the iTunes app on my 3GS, and now I don't want the entire album on my iPhone any more. I cannot for the life of me find a way of removing the songs!

Now, I am not a muppet as far as I know how to select what playlists etc I want to sync with it. Whatever I chose to sync, the purchased songs are still sitting there on the iPhone. I don't even have a Purchased playlist on my iTunes to sync!! I have even tried removing all the music on there by not syncing anything, yet the album is still sitting there in its own Purchased playlist. I've searched around a bit, and some people are suggesting some apps to go through the file system, but they all seem to be PC based... Not useful when I've got a Mac!

Any help would be great, but please don't try giving me a lesson on how to sync playlists or tell me to read the manual!

Paul

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I totally manage all my music Manually. I am not sure how you are doing it, but if set manually I just navigate to the music folder on the iPhone and manually delete what I do not want on it. Not sure if that will help you, but figured I would mention it in case.

I never let iTunes manage my iPod or iPhone. I do it all manually.

OP
P
Reaction score
Absolutely spot on! Thank you so much, it's been bugging me for weeks! I always assumed it would be something simple like that.

Thanks again.

Paul

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.