PLEASE Help with OS browser

G30

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 160GB HD 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR 3 Snow Leopard OSX 20" FS Moniter
I did not search the forum cause I just joined here 1 minute ago. I am running a old os system Panther 10.3.9. the HD crashed, I replaced with a 160 gig internal (WD) and external 500 gig w/BU (WD)...Have a clone backup and all my extra space in the book. Problem is current version of safari will not run a flash or java based site on the OS I have. I have been checking for updates every 4 hours cause I used to be able to run them b4 replacing the HD, these sites did not work for about 3-4 months before it crashed, I knew the HD was so small and thought that was the issue here Do I just have to wait to get the patch/update so it will run these apps again? Mapquest, you-tube, real estate sites to do walk thru are all flash driven and safari quits on these sites. I do not want to change the OS to tiger 10.4 if I don't have to...I spent enough money as is, it does pretty much all i need it to other than those type of sites..If anyone can give me any kind of help it would be appreciated, I am new to mac even though the OS is old.......Thanks to all in advance....G30

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" (early 2008, pre-unibody), 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM.
Are you really attached to Safari? Some reason you don't want to or can't use another browser like Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc. to view these sites?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Here are the Safari versions for various operating system. Make sure you download the version for Panther OS X.3:-

Multi-Safari

Do a Google for similar downloads for Firefox also, but be aware Mozilla stopped development of Panther compatible browsers. Camino or iCab might also be available.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
If it's of any help, I run Panther on my G3 iMac. Flash video is not crash-hot I have to tell you, but that's more to do with the processor and video component than the browser. I use Camino (light 'n' fast) incidentally, don't like Safari behaviour (can't block ads, banners and the like) although it renders javascript better than Camino.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
OP
G

G30

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 160GB HD 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR 3 Snow Leopard OSX 20" FS Moniter
Not compatable with as far as system requirements for firefox, I tried that route already...But thanks for the advice and link to download the correct safari version....If flash still wont let me use after doing what is suggested I am just going to live with it. like 95% of the sites I go to there are not problems what so ever, small payoff cause for what i use the os for is fine for me. Just Itunes music,photos, and appleworks pretty much and thats it.......I do not need a Porsche when my old chevy does what i need it to. I will let you know if the download works...Thanks again to all, G30

"The 1911 was the design given by God to us through John M. Browning that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and is true now."—Colonel Robert J. Coates, USMC

toMACsh-Did not even try, was very frustrated at the time LOL, i will check to see if ican...

OP
G

G30

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
search engine on this site works fine, not a problem. someone asked i forgot user name, the link for safari for panther version did not open when I attempted to download..I think imma just wait a little bit till i can get os 10.4 and that should fix the browser problem on flash dites, please correct me if that is incorrect. I am doing my BU now and have a very slow processor gonna take at least 5 hrs, is that normal? Thanks, G30

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.