Annoying Safari Bug

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I have found a bug in the past in Safari 2.0, and I just found it again. If you go to this website and hover over the "Listen Now!" text near the top, a menu will extend. But if you go to hover over any item in the list that overlaps the Google ad, the menu disappears. The same goes for "Community", "Services". Experiment. You will find that no matter what you try to do, you will not be able to select anything from the menu as long as the Google ad is behind the menu, I think. :(

I have tried this in Firefox, and everything works great in there.

I reported it to Apple, in there handy little their "Report Bugs to Apple" feature. Just thought that I would give you guys the heads up, if you ever experience it.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Ditto for me here with 2.0 also. I will try it on 1.3 for the fun of it.

It does the same exact thing in 1.3 also. Any menu that drops over where the google adds are does it too.

It screws up really bad in Opera. Just tried it. Google menu blocks part of the drop down!

:spook:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.