iPad 3G will ship this week!!! Charged my CC today

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
NEW 15" MBP in a Speck SeeThru case 2.53GHz 4GB RAM 250GB HD; 32GB iPhone 3GS; 32GB Touch; gen1 Nano
Apple charged my credit card today which means they will probably ship this week. The same thing happened with the iPad wi-fi.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
NEW 15" MBP in a Speck SeeThru case 2.53GHz 4GB RAM 250GB HD; 32GB iPhone 3GS; 32GB Touch; gen1 Nano
post a pic

hey if someone will tell me how to post a pic I will put up a screen shot of the pending credit card charge from apple for the 64GB iPad 3G I pre-ordered

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - 320 GB HD, 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB Ram, + Magic Mouse
Mine as well. Super psyched.

And the Keystrokes are Command+Shift+3 (do 4 instead of 3 to select what you want to take a picture of.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
help w/ posting pic

can't seem to get the pic to post in the message box as i am typing. i see the add image icon but it wants a url and the pic is on my computer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
Apple charged my credit card today which means they will probably ship this week. The same thing happened with the iPad wi-fi.

so does that mean you have a iPad WiFi and you are getting a iPad 3G as well?

C

chas_m

Before someone jumps in with the widely-reported May 7th ship date, that's for new orders only. Pre-orders still get shipped out on or around the April 24th date.

Reaction score
jmhammRN how long was it between the CC charge and the Shipping notification for your 1st Ipad? thanks for the post

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so does that mean you have a iPad WiFi and you are getting a iPad 3G as well?

yes, couldn't wait, so i went to best buy and stood in line. i am going to sell my wi-fi version to a girl at work, for the same price i paid for it. a win-win situation! such a cool device, not perfect but definitely worth buying

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
jmhammRN how long was it between the CC charge and the Shipping notification for your 1st Ipad? thanks for the post

i bought it at best buy but i did order some accessories and i believe they charge my cc that Monday and they sent me a shipping email on Saturday saying they had shipped. got them the next Tuesday. i chose the express shipping.

i was talking to a guy at apple.com last week about a question i had about the ipad. i asked him when they would ship and he told me he thought next weekend, which would be this weekend.

maybe it will be delivered this Saturday, or before

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
My girlfriend preordered mine, so I'm not sure if her card got charged yet. I hope so, I would love to get it by this weekend!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Got an e-mail from Apple earlier today about my order I was excited until I realized the e-mail was merely a remainder that my iPad 3G would ship in late April.

This is the second time I have received an e-mail about and Apple order. The first one actually contained a tracking number. I was real excited until I realized the first e-mail was before the wi-fi models shipped. Turns out the tracking number was for the case.

I am forced by recent events to reach one conclusion: Someone in Cupertino is torturing me. lol

Reaction score
My girlfriend preordered mine, so I'm not sure if her card got charged yet. I hope so, I would love to get it by this weekend!

Hey I hope she didn't forget mine...remember my address?

Reaction score
Remember, it doesn't count until you get a tracking number. I wonder how many 3G iPads Apple is shipping to its stores and Best Buy for regular walk in sales.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla
10 more days... im going to have to call out that day so I can sit home and wait :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone, g4 PowerBook, ipad
iPad 3g at Best Buy ETA?

Is there any chance that Best Buy will have any 3g models ready to sell on Saturday?

A local BB employee theorized that based on the ship date to pre-orders and what happened last time, that the iPad 3g could arrive at the store in time to sell on Saturday, as in this Saturday.

I currently have the Wifi, which I have to take back on Thursday before my 14 days is up as I am 98% sure I want the 3g model.

Thanks for any feedback!

Drew -- Index

Reaction score
I am sure Best Buy is smart enough not to test apple being I am sure the contract between the two is one that would hurt bb in the pocket if they were to release devices before apple

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.