Locking USB stick on osx

Reaction score
*-Hello everyone ..

I hawe some small problem for which i canot find the right solution ..

I'm looking for some program, like steganos for pc, whit which i will be able to lock my usb stick with a password ..

I tryed to use disk utillity but these is not good becous i cannot add files like i can doo with steganost.

I tryed to use truecrypt but it is no good becous i cannot use it on the computers which dont have truecryt (if these is not troo please corect me and tell me how too use it )

Soo pleas can you help me with my problem and tell me which program to use ..

Best regards Lev

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
levko,

Have a look here ....
https://www.ironkey.com/

It is hardware based encryption, no drivers needed, works across OS X and Windows.

I have been using these myself for many years and they are great. Not cheap .

Cheers ... McBie

OP
L
Reaction score
Hey ..

thank you for your quick replay .. I watched the presentation and i think, that these is a good solution if not the best, but the problem is that at the moment i look for some cheaper solution. Do you have any other suggestions ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You can create a read/write disk image using disk utility.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Yes I did.

You send you you weren't using disk utility because you couldn't add files...... but you can

OP
L
Reaction score
Ok ..

So here it is i did it with disk utillity it works good, the only thing that i'm bothered about is that, i have to made an image first to the desktop and then copy it to the USB flash drive ... I could't made it directly on the USB Flash Drive, why ? becous some defect ..

Well i must tell you that till now it works fine so i'm quite pleased ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.