Anyone know if a Notes app that synchronises well with a desktop app?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
I've been using AwesomeNote but its terrible at syncing its contents to other apps, it doesnt even back up very well.

Any tips?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2011; 500GB HDD, 2.5 GHz i5, 4GB RAM & OS X 10.7. iPhone 4 Vodafone & iPad 2; 16GB & iOS 4.3.5.
Use the apps that Apple have already made for it! Notes app on iPhone syncs with Mail app on Mac OS X. Hope this helps?

OP
MDJCM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
Use the apps that Apple have already made for it! Notes app on iPhone syncs with Mail app on Mac OS X. Hope this helps?

Thanks i tried to use that when i first got the iphone but...that standard Notes app in the iPhone is too basic, no font options, no to-do list/checklist, folders etc

OP
MDJCM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
Reaction score
Also looking for the best notes app. Main concern is Wireless Sync.

MobileMe can't sync notes between Macbook-me.com-iPhone.

Looking for something that could perhaps two-way sync with Google Docs as a workaround?

Any good two way sync over wifi/3g would work for me. Hope we find something that comes recommended!

Or, hope apple finally improves the mobileme/notes with iphone 4.0 os.

Reaction score
Toodledo and Zenbe Lists are both great.

Both have great iPhone apps (I know ToodleDo released an ipad-specific update, not sure of Zenbe) and both sync with websites so that your data is backed up & accessible from anywhere.

ToodleDo is intended as a task manager, but it definitely has a note function that works great too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone, g4 PowerBook, ipad
Hey, i just read through the reviews on the App store, a few really bad points, for some reason it requires an internet connection to use it, and the updates can be buggy

This seems to be the story of my life...keeping up with too many notes.

I too yearn for a way to sync notes. I tried every not...and immediately disliked the Internet requirement. Actualy, I would just prefergoogle docs...or any of the apps i have on my igoogle page...which is why I am hoping to exchange this unit for a 3G unit later today.

I am going to keep watching this thread...because even with 3G, i want access to my notes everywhere.

Reaction score
Also, I believe that quite a while ago, Apple finally let its native Notes app sync with MS Outlook, so that's another option.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.