Intnernet connection not available in one programme

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i7 and i5 Imacs, MBP 17 and 13
Hi there,

I'm a recent Mac convert but still require a PC based OS for a few programmes, I run Windows XP under parallels. With the exception of one programme (Posted in a separate thread) the installation was simple and works well. However I have an internet connection issue with a windows based programme which cannot access the internet. (In windows Internet explorer works just fine as do updates etc so i know the connection is there).

In the old days of working on windows I'd assume this was a firewall settings issue, but the firewall on XP is turned off.

All windows updates are upto date, Parallels is also upto date.

Could anyone please advise how I can make the programme see the internet connection? (It's a Fuji file uploader for ordering prints from my lab - they haven't come across it before)

Many thanks
Chris

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, you need to turn on the firewall for XP if you have no other firewall running. You might think you're safe because of the virtual machine software or maybe your router, but you're not.

As for the Fuji updater... since it's the only program that's having a problem, it may be that it's not compatible with Parallels or it's setup wrong. More than likely it doesn't like the virtual machine hardware.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.