Is this a Apple DVI-to-Video adapter?

Reaction score
Hey I bought a macbook pro in 2008. It came with this weird cord and I never knew what it was, as I threw out the manual.

Anyway, I want to play movies from my mac on my tv, and today I googled how to do so. I need a DVI-to-Video adapter, and when I looked at the pictures of them, it looked very similar to the cord I have. I took a picture of it, is this it?

Photo 2.jpg

Attachments

• Photo 1.jpg
    Photo 1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
That looks like a SVGA to DVI adapter. It would help if you took photos of the ends. ;)

OP
M
Reaction score
they have little rectangles at the ends, like screens. But I'll snap a couple pics one minutes.

Reaction score
LOL, I meant for you to take pics of the actual ends of the cables so that we could see the actual connector. No worries, to me that still looks like a SVGA to DVI adapter. This cable would allow a computer with only an SVGA connector to connect to monitors via the DVI port. Both of these ends are how a computer would connect to a monitor.

Does your TV have a computer looking connector to allow a computer to connect or is it a standard RCA connection?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.