Option Key Windows BOOT time

Reaction score
How many seconds does it takes when you press Option key to launch Windows bootcamp?

I mean, when I want to launch Win it takes around 30 or 40 seconds in order both HDD appears to choose from. And a couple of times it took much less, but now I have to wait around 35 seconds, why? is it normal to wait too long?

I press OPTION key just after I hear the chime sound, is there any tip in order not to spend too much time to choose WIN HHD?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Those times are very close to normal. I use rEFIt to selectively boot between Snow Leopard and Windows 7 and it also takes some time for both HD icon displays to appear on the screen. Just be patient, after all, how many times a day do you boot between OS X and Windows?

Regards.

OP
G
Reaction score
Those times are very close to normal. I use rEFIt to selectively boot between Snow Leopard and Windows 7 and it also takes some time for both HD icon displays to appear on the screen. Just be patient, after all, how many times a day do you boot between OS X and Windows?

Regards.

Thanks you are right, I shouldn't be impatient, but due a couple of times they appeared very fast (I think I moved the mouse or something like that) I just wanted to know if there was a tip to make it faster, if so it will be very welcome.

Reaction score
If the blank white screen before rEFIt or the Option boot screen is longer than it used to be try holding down Opt+Command+P+R while turning the machine on until it has chimed at least twice, this will reset the PRAM and usually resets this delay back to a very short amount.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.