Viewing And Deleting Images

Reaction score
Hi, I take photo's of Motocross events, Every weekend i take in excess of 2000 photo's, I have only just purchased my imac, when i used to upload the images on my pc i would view them and if they were out of focus i could hit the delete key and move on to the next, i dont seem to have a dedicated delete key on my new keyboard, I have got 1782 photo's to go through, I started to go through them in 'preview' but i needed to press the space bar to zoom in then zoom out right click and move to trash if i wanted to delete, this will take me hours doing it this way.
Can someone please advise the best and fastest way to view and delete photo's on my imac please.
Appreciate your advice as i have quite a few photo's to go through.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
Your best bet is likely to work with iPhoto, a program specifically designed to work with bunches of photos (or, if you're really serious, check out Apple Aperture or Adobe Photoshop Lightroom). Check out some of the tutorials Apple provides for iPhoto to get a feel for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
I guess I should have mentioned that iPhoto is already on your Mac from when you bought it. You don't have to purchase anything; just look in your Applications folder.

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks Guys, In the end i used Picasa as it lets me use the backward button as a delete button, I can browse them quicker then delete if need be.

Thanks for the advice will give iphoto a go though.

C

chas_m

I'm a bit late to this party, but if you're looking for something that allows you to view and delete pictures VERY rapidly (and has powerful batch commands as well), you may want to take a look at my sig. Even in beta this thing kicks butt in these regards.

Reaction score
I'm a bit late to this party, but if you're looking for something that allows you to view and delete pictures VERY rapidly (and has powerful batch commands as well), you may want to take a look at my sig. Even in beta this thing kicks butt in these regards.

spammmmmmmmmmmmm:Angry-Tongue:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.