iWeb compatibility with Yahoo Web Hosting

Reaction score
When you publish a website using iWeb, the program generates a number of html, css, and js files and uploads them to your web hosting service.

A website I created with iWeb for a nonprofit organization includes a the blog feature that generates a specific javascript file for each blog entry. This site is hosted on Yahoo Web Hosting. Yahoo rejects the js file ( and ONLY that file) for the blog entries when the site is published.

The generated js files follow the naming conventions of Yahoo (no spaces, puctuation, special characters etc.) I cannot figure out why this is happening and would appreciate any insights or suggestions. Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody (Jan 09)
That's weird =/

If Yahoo seriously rejects JS files, you should consider looking into another web host.

To be sure, make another JS file and try uploading it. Does it still reject it?

OP
T
Reaction score
Thank you for the repsponses.

I should have mentioned that most of the javascript files created by iWeb ARE accepted by the Yahoo server. It is only the specific javascript files associated with individual blog posts that are rejected.

This is truly a deep mystery. Any other ideas?

OP
T
Reaction score
Thank you, Roddy. I agree the URLs generated by iWeb are obnoxiously long and complicated, especially in Blog feature.

I will give serious thought to building the blog feature in Wordpress. I'd like very much to keep it in iWeb just for the continuity of design. But good design is not much use if the feature doesn't work.

thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.