mac leopard desktop clock issues, please help :)

Reaction score
Hello everybody firstly i would like to say hello. This is my first post on this forum and i apologize if this is in the wrong section. May i say what a brilliant forum this is the amount of times i have googled a slight problem with my mac this website has always come up trumps.
However i have been googleing this specific problem but to no avail, nothing on ANY website came close to solving the problem and so i joined this forum seeking advice
Picture1-3.jpg

as you can see here is my desktop the problem however is with the clock, i changed the theme using an application called "magnifique" and it changed everything BUT the clock and my username, which are still black along with the menubar (making the text unreadable.)

my question is how can i change the color of my clock using the clock.menu file i have highlighted in the photo or any other method for that matter.

the clock.menu file can be found through system/library/Core services/Menu extras

thank you very much for any replies :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I can't much understand what you are saying because it is all one long run-on sentence. Some proper punctuation would really help lend some clarity. You should also indicate what version of OS X you are using, and what "theme" software it is that you are using.

OP
C
Reaction score
im very sorry that coding kind of put me off my writing its the first ever time i have had to use it,

i am running leopard version 10.5.8

i used "magnifique" for the theme editing software

basically all i want is some of the text in the menu bar to change from black, which is blending in with my menu bar color to white so it is readable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac C2D, 3.33Ghz, 8mb Ram; 24" iMac, 2.66Ghz, 4mb Ram; 14" iBook
Not sure how to resolve your problem but does the application Magnifique have an uninstaller so you can return the Mac to it's previous state. Probably not what you want but maybe the easiest solution if you want to be able to tell the time ;)

You could also have a look at some of the links on this thread from the Apple forums: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=9378046
Sounds like Magnifique could be one to avoid.

OP
C
Reaction score
yeah it has an uninstaller but im not sure i want to resort to that just yet, all im after is to change the color of the time im perfectly happy with everything else

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I don't have a solution considering you don't want to uninstall it, but I wouldn't be touching anything in your system folder unless you want to be reinstalling your whole OS again.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Would suggest you try the developers of magnifique.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
black macbook OSX v10.5.8, 2.2 Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM
what happens if you try in system prefs, accessibility, use white on black?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.