Force Quit wont quit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The New Macbook
Hi. I recently reinstalled the OS (not that I planned this) and was having a lot of computer freezes and had to use the power off button.

Things are better now.. and also reading the Missing Manuel helps to understand MAC too.

however I still have programs freeze on me. Right now IPhoto (which opened automatically when the card reader when in) won't close. I tried Command Option escape and i get the menu but nothing happens. Then I went to activity monitor and tried to quit the process in red and that would not work.

So what to do? I have run the disk utility a few times to make sure my HD is fine..etc. (things I learned here, thank you). (of course now I use Time Machine too.. learned the hard way).

Also sometimes when a program freezes then it makes it impossible to shut down the normal way.

Thanks for any suggestions about what to do when FORCE QUIT won't work as I seem to have this often.

Picture 9.png

Picture 10.png

M

MacInWin

Is there an open window somehow hidden behind your application where the importer is asking you for some information, or delivering a message? I've found that sometimes these message windows get hidden if you are typing along or clicking along and don't give them enough time to appear. Then they appear to be non-responsive because they are sitting there waiting on you. You can use Exposé to see if there is something hidden. (F3 will bring up Exposé.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Are you able to Restart when an application freezes? Force Quit has never failed to work for me. Restart would be the next thing I'd try.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The New Macbook

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.