A really random question.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, iPhone
Log book program

As some of you may know I have just come from a windows laptop and purchase a 27" iMac. I have a project that needs completing for college and it involves me managing an engineering project. To do this I need to create a log book/diary of all events over the project period.
Is there any specific program you mac experts would use for this, or is the best way a blank pages doc and go from there?
I have iWork 09.
Sorry for random question but if there is a program that I can just add data to instead of creating a whole new doc, I would rather be lazy! :Smirk:
Thanks
Ollie:D

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, iPhone
Hmm seems no one knows of any programme. I take it blank document is the only option...
Better get started then! :Grimmace:

M

MacInWin

Well, I'd wait just a bit longer than 25 minutes to see if someone has a solution. It is Sunday morning, after all...

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, iPhone
Well, I'd wait just a bit longer than 25 minutes to see if someone has a solution. It is Sunday morning, after all...

Sorry mate its just i'm really pushed for time. If someone has a solution I would still gladly hear.

Sorry keep forgetting about the time difference too!

Ollie

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I don't know what the specific requirements of your class is, but as an engineering manager w/30+ years experience, I can tell you the purpose of an engineering log book is to ensure that relevant observations and data are captured as they occur, not as are they too often are filled in after the fact to meet a documentation requirement.
To that end I require my engineers to keep an actual physical (yes real paper) log. Regardless, I doubt that it matters what you use just as long as you document.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, iPhone
I don't know what the specific requirements of your class is, but as an engineering manager w/30+ years experience, I can tell you the purpose of an engineering log book is to ensure that relevant observations and data are captured as they occur, not as are they too often are filled in after the fact to meet a documentation requirement.
To that end I require my engineers to keep an actual physical (yes real paper) log. Regardless, I doubt that it matters what you use just as long as you document.

I agree that is the point of a log book, the difficult thing is that for my college work I am trying to do the job of my actual project manager. I obviously cant get observations and data from meetings with clients etc because I am not there. So I am having to bodge a log book together after the events.
I totally agree with what you are saying though,
Ollie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
What would constitute a question that is not "really random"? :Confused:

As a topic title "Log Book or Diary Program?" would be less random, more helpful, and conform to forum "rules" (suggestions?).

I've not heard of such a program. Did you try searching the internet? I would use my suggested topic title rather than the one you chose to use. You might get better results.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, iPhone
What would constitute a question that is not "really random"? :Confused:

As a topic title "Log Book or Diary Program?" would be less random, more helpful, and conform to forum "rules" (suggestions?).

I've not heard of such a program. Did you try searching the internet? I would use my suggested topic title rather than the one you chose to use. You might get better results.

Sorry boss......:Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Perhaps something like Tenderbox would be useful here. Two other possibilities I found via another Google are EverNote, DevonNote.

I suppose you could use Pages and create one very long document if that makes sense.

As for your time constraint, no body cares. :Sleeping:

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, iPhone
Perhaps something like Tenderbox would be useful here. Two other possibilities I found via another Google are EverNote, DevonNote.

I suppose you could use Pages and create one very long document if that makes sense.

As for your time constraint, no body cares. :Sleeping:

Thanks.

Did I say you had too care......

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.