Getting a new Macbook Pro! Need some advises!!!

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a new Macbook Pro which has just came out few days ago. Please have a look at the configuration below and give me some advises which one I should get and the benefits I can make out of it!

My main uses are office stuff, web browsing, editing photo, musics and video (not much), movies.

11uf7lj.png
1fd068.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
i7 - good choice.

Might be worth checking out OWC to get a price on a SSD drive from them as its easy to change out and you could save a packet there. However at just 256Gb, is it large enough for what you need or are you intending on using a external drive for your movies/photos.

Same with the 8Gb of RAM version, check out OWC to get the best deal - I'd personally never buy additional RAM from Apple, its greatly overpriced.

Looking around you might be able to get a 256Gb SSD and 8Gb of RAM for $3,850 - if that's what you want.

OP
Z
Reaction score
i7 - good choice.

Might be worth checking out OWC to get a price on a SSD drive from them as its easy to change out and you could save a packet there. However at just 256Gb, is it large enough for what you need or are you intending on using a external drive for your movies/photos.

Same with the 8Gb of RAM version, check out OWC to get the best deal - I'd personally never buy additional RAM from Apple, its greatly overpriced.

Looking around you might be able to get a 256Gb SSD and 8Gb of RAM for $3,850 - if that's what you want.

Thanks for you advise!

256Gb won't be large enough for me, but since the price of SSD is too high so I won't be able to afford the 512Gb SSD, my solution for this is to get another external drive maybe 1Tb would be more than enough. 256Gb of SSD I just use for OS and some large programs.

For RAM, I don't think I would use so many programs at the same time so I think 4Gb for me would be enough, I am using a Sony Vaio with only 3Gb ram and I never used up to 2.5Gb, I don't know if Mac OS needs more RAM or not especially with the new technology of switching graphics and stuff. I think I could upgrade my RAM to 6Gb later if 4Gb is not enough.

What do you guys think? Is this a wise choice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
What do you plan to be doing most of the time on your computer? If it's just basic Internet surfing, text documents, pictures, etc., the SSD will give you a huge speed boost. If you do more intense computing, I think you'd be happier with the RAM upgrade.

**Also, I agree with martyp, look into individual parts upgrades, they're almost always cheaper than the factory installed variety.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.