A very nice blog about the ipad is for creativity

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
A very nice blog about the ipad is for creativity

Why the iPad is a creativity machine - Computerworld

This guy really gets the ipad. And how it can really be a creativity machine. Or the start of a big creativity project, be it writing, art, music, research or something else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06 Intel Duo 500GB HDD 4 GB RAM 9400M
I agree with everything that guy has said.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Makes me feel better about my upcoming iPad :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PC Baby!
Excellent article, and I agree 100%.

Korg made a beat box that was introduced in 1999. I wanted one, but they cost around $900. Korg released that same beat box on the iPad for $10. I got it..... And make drum loops with it, and record them into my sequencer on my computer. Very cool..... And just one little example of the kind of thing the author was talking about.

The biggest surprise to me about the ipad is the ways I am finding to use it, that I never expected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Excellent article.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PC Baby!
Such as? I'm very, very close to pulling the trigger on a 3G model...

Sorry, forgot about this thread.....

Between iBooks, Goodreader, Kindle, eReader, and Kobo I can read just about any ebook there is. No limitations. So much better than a format limiting ebook reader, that I sold my Sony Reader.

Great games. Excellent crossword, chess, RPG's, action.... Etc good and can only get better. So good i've sold my Nintendo DS lite.

Because the iPad is "instant on" it is so much easier to check email or do a quick net look up. To get the current weather takes all of maybe 10 seconds from boot up, get info, shut down. I realized yesterday that I have not turned my home desktop on in a week! And i've only had my netbook on twice, both times to sync the iPad. It is so quick and easy to use.

I do lists.... For example... Using the free Dragon Dictation. I turn on the pad and start Dragon, maybe a 5 second process. Speak whatever ... Beer, pork skins...... Few hours later cheap wine, high fat snacks..... When i'm ready to go to the store I just use Dragon to email the list it made to my iPhone, and use it in the store.....

Making beats, and sketching. Apps are out there already, and plenty more to come, that are great as artistic tools. The iPad is s great "sketch pad" for music, art, ideas...etc. I even find the included "notes" app more useful than the iPhone one. Great photography apps as well, and of course more to come.

I am not a movie or TV type person, but If I were, Netflicks is awesome. I have checked out the ABC app, and it looks really good on the iPad screen. The few times I do want to watch a video, it is perfect.

There are already some good science apps, but I trust the best is yet to come. The device is well suited as an education tool. I can see development of "hands on" exploration and lab simulation. The kind of thing that stimulates the desire to learn, rather than stifle it. I dislike the passive nature of TV educational programing. I want for example to look at art in the museum at my pace, and read about what i'm seeing, not watch it pass quickly by on a screen. There is already an app that does just that...

Anyway, sorry for the ramble.......

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.