PC guy needs IMac Networking help

Y

Y2K

I'm creating a small network at home and dont have a clue how to network a
iMac to a PC running windows. Both computers will be connected to a router.
I can handle the physical connection that is running a patch cable from the iMac to the router I just dont know how to get my iMac to share resources with my PC and my PC to share resources with my Imac. Which protocol should I use get my iMac to comunicate with my PC TCP/IP? Is there a tutorial somewhere? Any help will be apreciated.
thanks,

Reaction score
What SW version are running on the mac? If you have 10.3 you can get to shared drives on the Windoz box. You can also share volumes on the mac using the sharing control panel. If you have os9 you need some 3rd party software to look across the platforms.

ed724

OP
Y

Y2K

ed724 said:
What SW version are running on the mac? If you have 10.3 you can get to shared drives on the Windoz box. You can also share volumes on the mac using the sharing control panel. If you have os9 you need some 3rd party software to look across the platforms.

ed724
how can i find out which SW ver i'm running?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.