Broken Power Adapter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
A friend of mine who has an old iBook SE Firewire recently screwed up his power adpater beyond repair. He pretty much severed the cord that goes between the lappy and the adapter. I am looking for replacement cords for him. The newer ones will not work (for PB Titanium, iBook Dual USB, and newer). So far, the cheapest I've found is $35 from here: http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Micro Accessories/ACADPTG3/

Does anybody know of anywhere cheaper to get an adapter that will work?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
cut the wire in half???

get some electrical tape and put that sucker back together!
-chris

OP
rs2sensen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
thats what I was thinking, but the thing was litterally ripped out of the spot where it plugs into the adapter, not cut in half. I've tried to put it back in, but to no avail...

V

vuschejan

rs2sensen said:
thats what I was thinking, but the thing was litterally ripped out of the spot where it plugs into the adapter, not cut in half. I've tried to put it back in, but to no avail...

My ibook fell off my bed a week ago and the whole metal piece at the top was bent 90 degrees, so I was like oops. So I feel the same, but, there is hope, I was able to cut the metal cirlce thing off and realign the core metal piece so that it charges, its really umm, a dirty job but it works.

As for your friend, I dont think you'll find anything cheaper than 35 dollars

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
vuschejan, we have to be more careful. Mine slid off the couch and broke the the left screen hinge on mine. I was going to fix it, but I think I going to replace it this year. Trying to decide between another PowerBook or a PowerMac. Leaning toward the PowerMac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.