Faces not appearing on iphoto corkboard

Reaction score
I apologize as this topic may already have been discussed but Im unable to locate it....

Im having problems with iPhoto faces. Face recognition seems to be working fine but faces/names are not appearing on the corkboard, I just see the welcome screen with the sticky note.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

ZK

Reaction score
I've got the same problem. Did you find a solution?
I tag the photos but they don't show up on the corkboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 inch
i just started having the same problem. see attached picture (i did the blur)
if i click on the empty face i get more blank squares. the key photo is gone, as well as the thumbnails of the faces once i open the folder, if i click on an empty thumbnail, the picture appears. Anyone have any suggestions to fix it? I recreated all the thumbnails (took 8 or 10 hours since i have 36,000 pictures). I thought iPhoto can go to 100,000 pictures.

IMG_2626.jpg

Reaction score
That's a different problem than I had, mine wouldn't show up at all on the corkboard. I ended up having to clear out iphoto and start all over...hopefully you won't have to do this!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 inch
what do you mean "clear out iPhoto"? is there a way to delete all the "faces" and start over or did you export all the photos and reimport to a new library? That may have to wait until i retire. :Not-Amused:

Reaction score
I had to reset iphoto which cleared it all out to where it was when the computer was brand new. I started all over again and it's worked fine ever since. Fortunately the problem occurred right away for me before I added new pics so I just reloaded the pics from my pc back up and didn't lose anything.

I ended up calling the macstore I bought it from who turned me onto the Apple phone support. Calling the phone tech support was yet another great Mac experience compared to past pc's

Tbone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.