Updates - basic question

Reaction score
Very basic question. I have a programme and have downloaded an update. Im not sure if you are supposed to uninstall the old one first or not, as a general rule. This is different to my other thread, but is from the same manufacturer. but its a general question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
What program is it? Usually the update will remove the old version and put the old app in the Trash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, 250GB Hard Drive
I don't think you'll need to remove the old version first. If you do then you might not be able to download the update, Inorder for your Mac to see and find the update you need it needs to know what Applications and Programs you have on your Mac Hard Drive so it can look for only those updates, After that install it and Im sure it'll just write over the old application or update. Some times updates just add another script file to the application or program and not the main files. So if you delete it you might only download about a file or 2.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.