Change of default application?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
I have an iMac running OS X Snow Leopard.

I run Neverwinter Nights on that (the Windows version) using Crossover Games for Mac. This application is (or was) the default for the executables in NWN. I also have Parallels with a Windows7 virtual machine setup.

All of this has been in place for ages and has worked fine. I have shortcuts on the desktop for the Player and DM clients of NWN. When I double-click either of those, it loads Crossover Games and then runs NWN.

Until today. I double-clicked one of these shortcuts today and it loaded Parallels and Windows7. The icons used for the shortcuts are still the Crossover Games icon, but in Finder all of the executables for NWN now show the Parallels icon. FFS why?

What has made the default application change for all of NWN? Nothing has changed or been updated for some time. Last time I used NWN it loaded correctly. I have not used Parallels since long before then.

So what has happened please?

Could someone please remind me how to change the default application back again? :(

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
OK, I worked out how to change the defaults back.

Still wondering how they changed - especially without having run Parallels for ages :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.