Hibernation Restore Error

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 8GB Ram, 500GB HD, Have been an Apple guy since 2002, and will NEVER GO BACK =)
Working like normal on the mac until it dies, to maximize battery health, I shut the clamshell, fully charge it, take it off of power, open it back up, press power button, get halfway through the hibernation bootup, and screen stops, and it auto re-starts. Once I reboot, it gives me this error in the "send this to apple" routine it does:

Hibernate restore error e00002ca"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.3.12/iokit/Kernel/IOHibernateIO.cpp:2424

Anyone else have this? or am I crazy?

mid-2009 macbook pro. 500gb upgraded HD, 8gb ram, and I'm competent enough to analyze the hd, with no errors....

Thanks in advance anyone! =)

-Keegan

C

chas_m

I've never heard of this practice or procedure, so I'm inclined to say you're doing it wrong.

You don't have to use the battery "until it dies," that sounds like a really good way to corrupt your directory. Just use your battery normally, and perhaps every so often you may wish to re-calibrate the battery per Apple's instructions.

I wish I knew why people think using a computer is so much more of a "job" than it actually is ...

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 8GB Ram, 500GB HD, Have been an Apple guy since 2002, and will NEVER GO BACK =)
you're missing the point. the mac was DESIGNED to do this. my ibook g4, powerbook, and macbook all function normally after I do this. The macbook pro does not. I didnt want a random opinion, I wanted anyone else that has experienced this and perhaps what is causing the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.