Bluetooth headset?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro
Hi all,
i was wondering if their was a bluetooth headset (with mic) i can get that will connect through macbook pro's built in bluetooth, all the ones i've seen online come with a usb dongle but i don't want to have to have that plugged in when i have a bluetooth connection built in, i went to my local apple store but they couldn't help.

C

chas_m

You can buy any of them, and just not use the USB dongle. They'll pair with your Mac's BT just fine because bluetooth is bluetooth.

The manual for the headset will probably mention this, but in case it doesn't: while pairing, if asked for a passkey just use 0000.

OP
Xanthian
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro
Excellant thank you for clearing that up wasn't sure if i need a special one, i'l go order one now :D

Reaction score
You can buy any of them, and just not use the USB dongle. They'll pair with your Mac's BT just fine because bluetooth is bluetooth.

The manual for the headset will probably mention this, but in case it doesn't: while pairing, if asked for a passkey just use 0000.

Hi I have the same problem using a bluetooth headset connected to my mac without a USB dongle. When I did the connection, my mac did find the headset and I was not asked for any passkey. However when I set the headset as the sound output device, what I can hear from the headset is just some noise. :(
I use a Nokia headset.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.