Shockwave 11 issues, annoying! please help

Reaction score
Hi would you guys please do me a big favour and get into this site and check if you can play checkers without problem? the site is Damas

You don't have to register nor log on, just choose any of the room with people on it, then enter as a guest (Nick de Invitado).

I am using Safari 4.0.5, i've already tried all shockwaves as possible (slim, full etc etc)

I can play 1 or 2 times but after that the chat text disappears!!, hey , what's the story with it!?? on my old G5 PPC I thought it was a hardware issue, but now that I got an intel 27" C2D it is happening the same.

I have to quit Safari, empty Cache and then start Safari again, and then the same issue appears (I can play just 2 or 3 times). I tried playing in Firefox already but it happens the same (and sometimes worse!)

I've spotted Cyberjuegos logo (once on the game is loading) is green and blue and it should be red and blue. :Oops:

Please try one or 2 games, then wait and try to play again and see if the text is still there. Listen this, on the main panel there are 3 panels, the left hand side have the players playing, the centre one is for chatting and the right hand side one is for choosing an opponent, when I am on this main panel, sometimes all the text on the right panel suddenly disappears, after a 5 sec, the middle panel, then finally after 5 seconds the left panel disappears...:(:(:(

Sorry if you don't like play checkers, it will only takes 5 minutes to see if you got the same problem on this website. All the problem started on the Shockwave update from 9 to 10 (yes, I am almost 1 year with this issue, it looks that anybody in Adobe realised) :Grimmace::Grimmace:

I will really appreciate your help and advice, please let me know how you are getting on there! if it goes well, just try one more time, without emptying cache and see if it is still working well! thanks!
Gabriel

ps. just a curious thing....I can play it without any problem in Windows Firefox using bootcamp!! what happened Apple?...... :Oops::Oops:

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
....I can play it without any problem in Windows Firefox using bootcamp!! what happened Apple?...... :Oops::Oops:

The question is: What happened Adobe?.... Apple didn't write Shockwave.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
That's a whole lot of work for someone to check the color of an icon that's on the screen for all of about 3 seconds while you're waiting for shockwave to load the game you know.

You're right, it's a different color than what it is in Windows.

OP
G
Reaction score
That's a whole lot of work for someone to check the color of an icon that's on the screen for all of about 3 seconds while you're waiting for shockwave to load the game you know.

You're right, it's a different color than what it is in Windows.

Ok, yes, but maybe I am confusing the people, what I needed is if someone can enter and do a couple of quick games in OSX, (even abandonating the game) and see either the chat text is leggible or dissapears, I guess you did your part so thanks re. logo.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.